Monday, October 8, 2012

I think I understand it now


Editor's Note:   This seems to be a "memo to self" written by somebody important.  Apparently this person hopes to remain important for awhile, so this memo helps him clarify his thinking.  RB

I have come a long way from my humble beginnings, though I am not quite sure what my beginnings were.  I keep hearing these rumors, but I tell myself and all those around me not to believe them.

This "foreign policy" thing just really bothers me.  I don't really understand it, but I don't think he does either.  I sure hope not, or the foreign policy debate is going to make me look even worse than I did last Wednesday night.  Oh, was that a tough night.  That guy had those facts and figures right at his fingertips.  He was prepared and I was not.  Of course, I have a whole country to run, so how can anyone expect me to know what is going on.  Real soon now, I have to personally decide which terrorist we should next attack and take out.  And now all these people in Syria are getting even more excited and somebody is shooting over into neighboring Turkey for god's sake.  (Note to self: do not capitalize God so you don't upset some of your liberal supporters or those who claim a different god than the one upon whom our country is founded.)

Anyway, I gotta get this straight, so I can get re-elected.  I mean, my little girls need a home for four more years.  And my wife, after all the years we lived in poverty, deserves four more years of expensive travel with a large entourage and lots of nice clothes.  She has earned it. 

BTW, those Navy Seals sure did their job didn't they.  Except for that one who wrote a book about it.  There went a few more million dollars in royalties that I could have had.  After all, it was me who personally ordered them to get that guy.  I was ready to help with the detailed planning and training too, but I am kind of afraid of guns.  Why do you think I wanted to get out of Chicago so badly.  Lots of murders going on there.  Old Rahm is not doing a very good job on that front.

OK, so we have Syria, and Libya, and Iran, and Egypt.  Oh yeah, Pakistan and Afghanistan (What am I going to do about that Afghan war.  I am sure glad they have not tried to pin that one on me.  I am slippery, but I don't know if I could sneak out of responsibility for what is going on there.  I mean we are trying to help them be good soldiers, and they are just shooting us in broad daylight.  Don't they know who we are??)   Libya ---- I have to watch that investigation so it doesn't sneak up and bite me in the tail.  Someone might think I personally made the decisions that allowed those folks to kill our Ambassador.  One thing I do know is that is is good to bow deeply to everyone over there.  That way they know that we want to be subservient to them, so they will leave us alone.  I mean they deserve much more than just a courtesy head nod like all those other "western" leaders give them.

And then there are those Chinese.  I am not sure what to make of that.    It looks like their economy is slowing down.  I think that is good, but not everyone agrees with me.  I mean it will keep them from getting too powerful, won't it??

I think I sure am glad I have Hillary.  I think Bill is glad too, at least he tells me how lucky I am to have Hillary on my team.  Bill is happy, Michelle is a little jealous, and I am not sure I trust Hillary anyway.   She called me a lot of names four years ago.  How much does she know about foreign affairs anyway.  I know she knows about affairs, but foreign affairs....???

Anyway, just four more weeks of living surrounded by half truths, innuendos, and lack of my own true knowledge of what I am doing and then I can live in luxury and bliss for four more years.

I think I understand it now.  I think I understand it now.  I think I do ...... I think I do ......   I think I do..... I think I can....  I think I can ....   I think I can.....      Oh, wait.      That is the Little Engine That Could.        That was such a good book.   But that Little Engine got it all wrong.    It cannot do anything without Government help and guidance!!!!


Vote for me please!!!       And, if you are in Chicago, vote early and often!!


BO

No comments:

Post a Comment